Information Technology / Sydney / 4500sqm
An organisation with a history of growth by acquisition and an ever-changing technology market, MYOB made a decision to relocate in 12 weeks. Of greater importance than the short timeframe was the need to breakdown destructive 'silos' around business units and create a flexible environment that could see a population of 400 turn into 150 or 600.
Appointed as project facilitator for MYOB, some of the tasks Glasgow Hart undertook included:
- Establishing a project framework and decision making process for the organisation
- Establishing a project team including engineers, technology consultants, construction managers and removalists
- Co-ordinating internal resources to facilitate relocation, technology infrastructure upgrades, re-branding, communication and organisation
- Facilitating all necessary decisions and approvals to meet programme constraints
- Developing and implementing communication strategies including organisation-wide buy-in
- Providing regular project reporting for the Executive and Board
- Undertaking problem resolution and project control
- Providing representation to building owners and authorities
- Co-ordinating business relocation including on-site resourcing during all relocations
Glasgow Hart’s project facilitation services ensured relocation occurred on time, 25% under budget, with organisation wide buy-in and a quality finished product. Since completing this initial project, we have assisted MYOB in continuing projects to consolidate or grow workspaces as the organisation has continued to respond to the market.